We work to advocate for impacted individuals while uplifting their experiences through political education and artivism (art activism). We show up as experts of our own experiences utilizing the arts to create, promote, and instigate systemic change. We are a force for transformational change that empowers impacted people to aspire to their highest selves.
- Ending the school-to-prison pipeline
- Re-entry services that reduce recidivism and ease the transition back into communities
- Better diversionary programs that reduce the prison population
- Basic rights to those currently incarcerated
- Restorative justice practices
- Abolishing cash bail, mandatory minimums, excessive sentencing, an end to solitary confinement
- Decriminalizing addiction and sex work
- Holding Correctional Officials accountable for their crimes against incarcerated womxn
We are dedicated to using our collective voice to leverage our power and apply pressure to affect change in order to reach our highest potential by utilizing culture as a healing mechanism for communal power and healing.
Our collective work is built out of the desire to be free and self-determined and manifesting our own personal and shared destinies for the good of our community. Our shared experiences with the criminal justice system will raise awareness and mobilize communities to demand systemic change.